This review explores FenestraPro Premium, an add-in to Revit for façade design whose scope extends to three main energy-related analysis categories—thermal, solar and daylighting—and whether it works as a generative tool for façade design as it aspires to be.
A review of Autocase, a cloud-based tool that automates the “triple bottom line” (financial, social, and environmental) cost benefit analysis of buildings and infrastructure projects, with a focus on sustainability.
An overview of some of the most compelling projects that were nominated for Bentley's 2016 Be Inspired Awards in different infrastructure categories from around the world, including China, UK, Columbia, Finland, and the US.
This first AECbytes article of 2017 summarizes the main AEC technology highlights of 2016 and aims to identify the key trends going forward, looking at where we currently are and where we are headed.
The highlights of Autodesk University 2016 and the AEC-specific tools Autodesk is developing, including Project Fractal for generative design, Project IQ for mining construction data to show potential project risks, and Project Quantum for cloud-based multi-disciplinary BIM, which could become Autodesk's "post-Revit" technology.
- Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference
- IPD and the Cloud
- People Profile: Laura Kay Smith, ZGF Architects
- Greenbuild 2016
- Firm Profile: Gomez Vazquez International Architects
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- ALLPLAN adopts Swiss solution for road construction and route mapping in its product portfolio. >>
- Trimble Announces Tekla 2017 Software for the Construction Industry. >>
- Bentley Systems Issues Call for Submissions to the 2017 Be Inspired Awards for BIM Advancements in Infrastructure. >>
- The Next Generation of Sefaira Architecture. >>
- GRAPHISOFT Provides ARCHICAD to Design in Action: Build Initiative. >>
- Artlantis 6.5 LIVE! webinar on April 6. >>
- Introducing AutoTURN Online The premier swept path analysis solution through your browser . >>
- BIMcollab Customer Interview: Thomas Gillen, BIM manager of Multiplex Construction Europe. >>
- Vectorworks, Inc.'s Japanese Distributor A&A Wins 'BCN AWARD 2017'. >>
- Solibri Model Viewer Pro is introduced for the BIM Professional. >>
- Register for Microsol Resources live seminar on March 30: Sustainable Design Perspectives. >>
- Newforma on-demand webinar -- Construction Project Risk: 7 Common Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them >>
- Case Study: Use of Bentley ProjectWise Construction Management for Ordot Dump Closure Project. >>
- 4M CAD and BIM software videos. >>
- BIM in structural engineering, made easy with SCIA Engineer. >>
- Mead & Hunt Saves Time with Ideate Apps. >>
- Aconex Announces Enterprise Agreement with Dubai Airports. >>
- DPS Engineering Plans to Unify Its Operations With Deltek Project ERP. >>
- Learn ElumTools, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Revit, online! >>