Exploring the solutions for “city information modeling” from BIM stalwarts such as Autodesk and Bentley to CIM-specific companies such as virtualcitySYSTEMS, Cityzenith, SmarterBetterCities, CyberCity 3D, and Agency9, as well as understanding how CIM is different from the concept of “Smart Cities.”
Continuing the annual AEC technology roundup with a look at what's new in Newforma Project Center, form•Z, Sweets, and others. Also, what is the brand-new application, Flux, which came out of Google X, all about?
An overview of the key developments of the leading technology vendors in the AEC industry including GRAPHISOFT's BIMx, Bentley's ContextCapture, Autodesk LIVE, Trimble's SketchUp 2016, and Allplan 2017.
The implementation of BIM in the design of a new U. S. Navy aircraft carrier pier and the rehabilitation of existing bulkhead—a first for this kind of project—described by John Gaul and Michael Rieger who worked on it.
The theme for ARCHICAD 20, "A Fresh Look at BIM," has been achieved by a revamped interface, a significant improvement in adding and managing model information, and the ability to bi-directionally integrate with Rhino and Grasshopper in real-time to bring organic modeling and algorithmic design to BIM.
- Zaha Hadid Architects (Excerpt from BIM Evaluation Study Report)
- ArchiCAD 20
- People Profile: Walid Thabet, Professor of Building Construction, Virginia Tech
- Book Review: BIM Management Handbook
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- Bentley announces the Finalists in 2016 Be Inspired Awards Program Recognizing Innovation in Infrastructure Design, Construction, and Operations. >>
- Newforma Connector Initiative Expands Access to Project Information. >>
- Vectorworks, Inc. Announces English Version of Vectorworks 2017 BIM Software for AEC, Landscape and Entertainment Design Industries. >>
- Ideate Software Launches Four Tools for Daily Autodesk Revit Software Users. >>
- Dropbox and Aconex Join Forces to Help Project Teams Collaborate. >>
- Architects Head Back to School with LEARNVIRTUAL – A Hybrid–Learning Platform Focused on ARCHICAD In-Practice. >>
- New BIMcollab BCF Manager for simplebim 5.1. >>
- 4M launches FINE4Rate, a customised BIM application providing the BIM power to the benchmark software for house energy rating in Australia. >>
- Vectorworks and SCIA to sponsor Concrete BIM workshop. >>
- Twinmotion LIVE! free webinar on September 8. >>
- Microsol Resources free online webinar on September 8: Getting the most out of Autodesk Industry Collections. >>
- Deltek announces its newest release of GovWin IQ to help Government Contractors gain personalized insight and intelligence to win more contracts. >>
- Hewitt Case Study: Making informed design decisions with Sefaira. >>
- Real DOKA formwork components now available for Tekla Structures . >>
- Cadimage Tools now available for ARCHICAD 20. >>
- Bentley ContextCapture improves quality of Reality Modeling within Geospatial workflows. >>
- Driving BIM Adoption: Solibri and Graphisoft to collaborate in Germany and Austria. >>
- Transoft Solutions webinar on August 11: ROAD CEM for new road and rehabilitation design projects. >>
- Video on new Features in ElumTools 2017, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Revit. >>
- IES announces the release of VE 2016. >>