Leading UK main contractor nmcn found that handheld 3D laser scanning is affordable enough to allow them to perform multiple scans on each site and get the data they need to perform the advanced analytics they need.
Earlier this summer, Solibri, the leading model-checking application, dramatically extended its scope and reach by introducing four different versions of its product, bringing its powerful model-checking, quality control, and quality assurance capabilities to different types of users across the AEC spectrum.
This collection of AEC technology updates features the new ICL from IES, updates in laser scanning from Paracosm and Pointfuse, the new Join solution for preconstruction, and others including IdeateApps, Mail Manager, Verify3D, ArcGIS, Autodesk, Transoft, and Keysoft.
Cristobal Correa, Principal of Structures at BuroHappold, who is the project director of Jewel Changi Airport describes the implementation of AEC technology on this project.
Michael Tobias of New York Engineers, lists the many benefits of BIM for MEP engineers -- saving time and money, reducing errors, improving productivity and quality, and being able to work as a key part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This review explores Visicon, a new solution with a fresh take on model viewing, data visualization, model interrogation, and design coordination in AEC. It also includes some additional functionality for structural engineers.
- ALLPLAN presents Allplan 2020, the new version of its BIM software for more efficiency and productivity in everyday work. >>
- GRAPHISOFT delivers award-winning ARCHICAD 23. >>
- Artlantis 2019 LIVE webinars on Oct 9. >>
- Deltek Announces the Speakers and Sponsors for Its Annual User Conference, Deltek Insight. >>
- Free IES Faculty Webinar: "Digital Twins – the latest buzz word! But what does it mean for the Built Environment?" >>
- BIM Equity new official partner BIMcollab in Denmark. >>
- New Centralized Training Platform Available through Vectorworks University. >>
- Bentley Systems Announces Finalists in the Year in Infrastructure 2019 Awards Program. >>
- 3D Repo British Information Modelling Event – 8 October 2019. >>
- Hünnebeck publish BIM content for planning formwork systems with Tekla Structures. >>
- Cove Lighting in ElumTools. >>
- Construction Project Management: STR Vision CPM Demo Video. >>
- Microsol Resources Partners with GeoSLAM for 3D Mobile Mapping. >>
- Newforma on-demand webinar: How Mobile Apps Improve Productivity in the Field. >>
- The Wild and Igloo Vision partner to bring real-time VR/AR collaboration to immersive shared VR environments. >>
- ARCHVISTA: Six Steps to Making BIM Worth the Investment. >>
- BIM6x: ARCHICAD By The Beach - October 19 - 27, 2019. Registration now open. >>
- Solibri: Root B.V. uses software to share knowledge. >>
- McMillan Pazdan Smith Rapidly Assesses Revit Model Health with Ideate Explorer. >>
- Transoft Aviplan: A purpose-built tool for airport airside planners and operators. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>