An overview of the new 2018 versions of Autodesk’s three main products for buildings and infrastructure design: Revit (including each of its individual disciplines, Architecture, Structure, and MEP), InfraWorks, and AutoCAD Civil 3D. Also, would the AEC industry like to do “more with less” rather than “more with more,” which is what the enhancements to these solutions primarily enable?
Registered architect and Revit expert, Dan Stine, returns to provide an overview of the new features in Revit 2018 that has just been announced by Autodesk, including user interface enhancements, multi-story stairs, linking to coordination models, and several additional updates.
The highlights of GRAPHISOFT's conference focused on users of ARCHICAD, BIMx, and BIMcloud, including keynote presentations by industry leaders, learning sessions, as well as updates from GRAPHISOFT, including a sneak peek at the upcoming ARCHICAD 21.
A review of FenestraPro Premium, an add-in to Revit for façade design whose scope extends to three main energy-related analysis categories—thermal, solar and daylighting. Also, does it works as a generative tool for façade design as it aims to?
A review of Autocase, a cloud-based tool that automates the “triple bottom line” (financial, social, and environmental) cost benefit analysis of buildings and infrastructure projects, with a focus on sustainability.
- GRAPHISOFT's BIM 2017 North America User Conference
- AEC Technology Highlights and Trends: From 2016 to 2017
- FenestraPro Premium: A Generative Tool for Façade Design in Architecture
People Profile: Finith Jernigan
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- Newforma CEO Ian Howell Named buildingSMART Fellow. >>
- ALLPLAN to Expand its Leadership in Structural and Civil Engineering with Acquisition of BTG IT & Consulting GmbH. >>
- Free SCIA Engineer webinar on April 27: Creating Calculation Reports - There's a Better Way . >>
- CADMATIC and Tekla Structures: Interoperability enables better projects. >>
- Case Study: Mott MacDonald Bentley Project uses ProjectWise and OpenPlant to manage BIM deliverables. >>
- Solibri Model Checker & Viewer 9.7.15 Release Notes. >>
- Register for Microsol Resources live seminar on May 2: What's new with AutoCAD 2018? >>
- Online class on May 11: Audit your Revit Projects with Ideate Explorer. >>
- Webinar on May 16 on BIMcollab and Navisworks: Optimize your issue management workflow. >>
- iVisit360 by Abvent: panoramic and virtual tour presentations on mobile devices and computers. >>
- Aconex for Contractors Tackles Crisis in Construction Project Performance. >>
- Vectorworks on-demand webinar: Information Modeling's Role in Sustainable Design Decisions. >>
- Going Digital: Bentley Systems Advances Reality Modeling to Extend the Scope of Engineering and Surveying Value. >>
- Deltek Customers Ranked Among the 'Best-of-the-Best' Consulting Firms. >>
- AutoTURN and AutoTURN Pro Version 10 Update. >>
- Learn ElumTools, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Revit, online! >>
- 4M CAD and BIM software videos. >>
- The Next Generation of Sefaira Architecture. >>
- GRAPHISOFT Provides ARCHICAD to Design in Action: Build Initiative. >>