In this Tips and Tricks article, Link Ellis, the ARCHICAD Technical Director at BIM6x, describes how to work with ARCHICAD's new, rule-based, next-generation Stair tool, which extends architects' design creativity with automatic design validation against human ergonomics, offering the most optimal stair designs in the building context to choose from on the fly.
This article collects some interesting news tidbits from the AEC technology field in 2018 including key acquisitions by leading technology companies such as Oracle, Trimble, InEight and Hexagon, new products from OpenSpace and NavVis, and some significant developments related to smart cities and city information modeling.
Last month, Epic Games released Unreal Studio 4.21, the latest version of their offering aimed at the AEC industry. This suite of tools is packaged around the company's Unreal Engine, the underlying technology beneath some of the world's biggest games ...
A key acquisition that Bentley recently acquired was LEGION for pedestrian simulation. Given that human behavior is far from predictable, how does this actually work? This article explores the technology in more detail, looking at other applications in the field and delving deeper into LEGION.
Enhancements include a new Planes palette for managing the building structure of the project, using freeform 3D surfaces as reference planes, a new Stair Modeler tool, a brand-new dedicated add-on for parametric bridge design, and several other features.
- Bentley's Year in Infrastructure 2018 Conference
- Allplan 2019
- LEGION and the Technology of Pedestrian Simulation
- BIM Handbook, Third Edition
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- Deltek Acquires Avitru, Adding More Capabilities to its Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Owners (AECO) Solutions. >>
- ALLPLAN webinar on January 31: Uncover the Benefits of BIM for Buried Structures. >>
- Solibri Model Checker v9.9.3: Focusing on Continuous Improvement. >>
- PERI significantly expands their BIM content for planning formwork systems with Tekla Structures. >>
- Transoft Solutions webinar on January 16: AutoTURN | Learn about our vehicle libraries and how to find the right vehicle for your project. >>
- Lighting in ElumTools vs. Lighting in Revit. >>
- Vectorworks webinar on January 16: Make the Move to Efficient Workflows. >>
- Free Live Webinar on January 23: IES TaP for LEED. >>
- Artlantis 2019: a version full of new sensations! >>
- XplorexiT Selects Newforma for Top 10 Project Management Solution Providers 2018. >>
- Parametric Design with SCIA Engineer. >>
- Case Study: How SHoP Architects Used IrisVR to Demystify the Design Process for Clients & Increase Commissions. >>
- Architects Lewis + Whitlock Achieve Award-Winning Design with ARCHICAD. >>
- Microsol Resources Webcast Video: What's New with Revit 2019? >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>
- Schedule a Free Demo of BIMcollab Issue Management Software. >>
- ARCAT SpecWizard: Automated 3-part CSI Specification Writing. >>
- Bentley Systems Announces Agreement to Acquire AIworx, Specialists in Machine Learning and IoT Technologies. >>
- BIM6x 115 point check ArchiCHECKUP: How Healthy are your ARCHICAD Projects? >>
- Ideate Inc. Launches Bluebeam Sales, Support, and Training Website. >>
- Q&A With Lean Consultant Hal Macomber: Why I Use Touchplan. >>
- Avitru and UL Announce Technology Partnership to Simplify Access to Sustainability Data Within MasterSpec. >>
- Case Study: Advanced Substation Design in a Managed Environment using Bentley technology by Elia. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- Keysoft Solutions Case Study: How Use of KeySCAPE LandCADD saved AEC Inc. time and ensured accuracy. >>