AECbytes is excited to announce the publication of the Q3 2017 issue of its magazine. It includes:
- Flood Forecasting Technology
- ARCHICAD 21
- People Profile: William C. Manion
- Cityzenith Smart World for City Information Modeling
- Firm Profile: KAI Design & Build
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
This review takes an indepth look at AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT edition, including the brand new user interface, display rules, built-in computational and reality modeling, and greater connectivity with other Bentley applications.
In the wake of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma and the devastation they have caused, this article explores the technology behind flood forecasting, which can help to predict areas of flooding before a hurricane actually hits, leading to better preparation and improved evacuation. It also looks at how AEC technology can help.
This review explores the new rule-based Stair and Railing tools in the recently released ARCHICAD 21 in detail, along with the many additional improvements it has made in interoperability, Grasshopper integration, and productivity enhancements.
This annual AEC technology round-up looks at new releases of existing products such as Allplan, Twinmotion, 4M IDEA, BIM Assure, Aconex, and Autocase, as well as new solutions including Unicorn Render and BIMsmith.
- Interdisciplinary Teamwork at a New Level: ALLPLAN Presents its New BIM Solution Allplan 2018 for Architects and Engineers. >>
- Touchplan: Convert CPM to Lean. >>
- Twinmotion 2018 – The Real-Time VR Software for Architects and Designers. >>
- Cityzenith Wins DreamIt UrbanTech Competition. >>
- The New Tekla Software Versions Spiral up. >>
- Microsol Resources webinar on Oct 24: Reality Capture for 3D Documentation with Langan Engineering & Autodesk. >>
- Announcing the winners of the SCIA User Contest 2017. >>
- Government Contracting Firm Metova Selects Deltek To Power Its Growth. >>
- Firm Elevates Workflow with ARCHICAD. >>
- Bentley's AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT Edition Surmounts the Challenges of BIM Scalability for Major Projects. >>
- Managing Risk, Costs and Compliance in Landscape Design: Keysoft Article. >>
- Ideate Launches Online AutoCAD Beyond the Basics Course. >>
- New features in ElumTools 2018 (for Autodesk Revit 2018). >>
- Sefaira resource: Designing for WELLness with Performance-Based Design. >>
- Vectorworks BIM and 3D Modeling Help Bring THE Caique Niemeyer Project to Life. >>
- Join the BIMcollab ZOOM beta program. >>
- Download Service Space family for Revit from MEPcontent. >>
- IES Virtual Environment only software to provide solution for new Scottish Regulation Section 63. >>
- Aconex and the Victorian Government to Host the Second Annual Construction Technology Summit. >>
- Solibri expands partner network in North & South America – Putting quality first within the workflow. >>
- Battery Ventures Makes Majority Investment In Software Firm Newforma. >>
- GuideSIGN 7.0.1 Update Available from Transoft. >>
- 4M IDEA Architecture 14 has been released: Download free trial. >>
- Case Study: Mott MacDonald Bentley Project uses ProjectWise and OpenPlant to manage BIM deliverables. >>
- ARCAT mobile app available for Apple and Android devices. >>