- Zaha Hadid Architects (Excerpt from BIM Evaluation Study Report)
- ArchiCAD 20
- People Profile: Walid Thabet, Professor of Building Construction, Virginia Tech
- Book Review: BIM Management Handbook
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
The theme for ARCHICAD 20, "A Fresh Look at BIM," has been achieved by a revamped interface, a significant improvement in adding and managing model information, and the ability to bi-directionally integrate with Rhino and Grasshopper in real-time to bring organic modeling and algorithmic design to BIM.
Dennis Williams, an innovation enthusiast who writes and consults on how technology impacts B2B industries, looks at how emerging technologies such as the Internet of Things, data management, and augmented reality are shaping the future of BIM.
Tucker Cedarleaf of Cedar+Mac, who has been working with laser scanning equipment and software for over 10 years, shows why traditional laser scanning tied to survey control is the only method of 3D capture that produces baseline data of the quality and reliability required for AEC industry use.
A detailed look at a new application for model checking, BIM Assure, including its background, how it works, the types of analyses that can be done with it, and its bidirectional integration with Revit. It promises to give fresh impetus to the eventual goal of automating code-checking in AEC.
Andy Knauf, Vice President of IT at Mead & Hunt, describes how his firm searched for and implemented an effective solution that would enable its multi-state workforce to share and access project information quickly and easily.
- Bentley announces Autodesk License Upgrade program. >>
- GRAPHISOFT ships ARCHICAD 20. >>
- Better with BIM: Solibri and Allplan agree upon collaboration in Germany and France. >>
- Ideate Inc. launches online Revit Architecture Fundamentals course. >>
- Deltek acquires Union Square, empowering AEC firms to reach new heights in project performance. >>
- Aconex signs Enterprise Agreement with Farrans Construction. >>
- Vectorworks, Inc. partners with Modelo for AEC Presentation and Collaboration plug-In. >>
- Euro 2016 football stadiums created with Tekla Structures BIM technology. >>
- Revit 2017 plug-in for Artlantis now available. >>
- IDEA Architecture: 3D BIM Architectural Software, fast and easy, 100% DWG. >>
- Microsol Resources free online webinar on July 14: Making a Model for 3D Printing, Our Best Practices. >>
- Case Study: How GROUPGSA used Sefaira's daylighting visualization tool in Revit to test, iterate on and develop their concept for a competition entry. >>
- BIMcollab Customer Story: 4-hour BIM meetings reduced to 30 min. >>
- New Features in ElumTools 2017, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Revit. >>
- IES announces the release of VE 2016. >>
- Transoft Solutions webinar on July 20: TORUS for Efficiently Designing Modern Roundabouts . >>
- The Steel Tube Institute teams up with SCIA to release FREE HSS Design Software. >>
- Bentley EADOC Video Case Study: MNS Engineers Cabrillo Bridge Replacement. >>
- Webinar: Get Creative with the Cadimage Tools. >>
- Pinnacle Infotech uses Newforma Software for world's tallest building. >>