In this article, Jim Forester, a long-time AEC technology veteran and enthusiast, attempts to shed some light on the underlying concepts of Bitcoin technology, Blockchain, and how it is immediately applicable to many aspects of built environment projects as well as the BIM technologies used to realize them.
Autodesk Revit Live is a cloud service that creates immersive visualization experiences based on models generated in Revit software. Autodesk has just released Revit Live 2.0 which further improves its speed, performance, and visualization capabilities.
In this article, Vasilios Giotis, Director of Blue Green Engineering (BGe), an Australian company with long and extensive experience in Building Energy Design, demonstrates the use of 4M FineGREEN simulation software for the energy modeling of a specific case study.
The main implementation themes from customers at GRAPHISOFT 2017 KCC, including schematic design, algorithmic modeling, the use of OpenBIM, facilitation of downstream processes, and the use of advanced technologies like VR and AR.
The technology updates most relevant to AEC at Autodesk University 2017, including the launch of a new Exchange with third-party integrations to accelerate the adoption of the Forge-enabled BIM 360 ecosystem, a new Dropbox app for AutoCAD, and planned integration with Esri's GIS technology.
- Allplan 2018
- Customer Presentations from Graphisoft KCC 2017
- People Profile: N. Nawari, Ph.D., University of Florida
- AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT Edition
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- BIM Insights Session Webinar by MEPcontent on heating system design - Thursday Jan 18th. >>
- Designing Composite Slabs with SCIA Engineer Webinar - Jan 25, 2018. >>
- Microsol Resources online webinar on Jan 16: Integrated BIM Workflows across the Lifecycle of Buildings. >>
- Key features of BIMcollab: Issue management for BIM. >>
- Twinmotion 2018: A remarkable VR solution for Apple. >>
- GRAPHISOFT announces Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection V2.0. >>
- Vectorworks Getting Started Webinar - Jan 17, 2018. >>
- Tekla on-demand webinar -- Concrete construction & BIM: How Schuster Concrete wins projects and places rebar and concrete with digital tools. >>
- Newforma Blog: Project Risk And The Leaning Tower Of San Francisco. >>
- Transoft Solutions releases AutoTURN 10.2. >>
- Raise your Level: ALLPLAN at CONSTRUCT IT 2018, Essen, Germany. >>
- Bentley Institute Press Announces Availability of New BIM Publication: Plain Language BIM. >>
- Using Vectorworks and Solibri to gain control of BIM. >>
- Keysoft Solutions Survey Results: Technology in Landscape Architecture. >>
- Case Study: Legacy Document Management System Migration to Bentley technology by Black & Veatch. >>
- Greenbuild 2017: Presentations at the Sefaira Booth. >>
- ARCAT Specifications - The most up to date library with 1405 specifications. >>
- ElumTools Online Education: Lighting Calculations in Revit. >>
- Oracle Agrees to Buy Aconex. >>
- Touchplan: Convert CPM to Lean. >>
- Cityzenith Previews Smart World Pro 2018 at the "Building Cities of the Future" UrbanTech Summit in Tampa. >>
- Ideate BIMLink for Revit Customer Spotlight on WSP USA. >>
- Deltek Completes Its Acquisition of Onvia. >>
- You can now use the IESVE to comply with the NECB2011 Standard. >>
- IDEA Architecture: 3D BIM Architectural Software in DWG. >>