Jewel Changi Airport is a new, 1.4 million-square-foot mixed-use hub and lifestyle destination at Singapore’s Changi Airport, one of the world’s busiest aviation facilities. The project opened this spring and has drawn acclaim for its unique design, highlighted by the world’s tallest indoor waterfall and a translucent, ovoid-shaped gridshell roof spanning 650 feet across. Cristobal Correa, Principal of Structures at BuroHappold and director of this project describes the implementation of AEC technology on it.
This collection of AEC technology updates features the new ICL from IES, updates in laser scanning from Paracosm and Pointfuse, the new Join solution for preconstruction, and others including IdeateApps, Mail Manager, Verify3D, ArcGIS, Autodesk, Transoft, and Keysoft.
In this article, Michael Tobias of New York Engineers, lists the many benefits of BIM for MEP engineers in addition to the primary advantages of saving time and money, reducing errors, improving productivity and quality, and being able to work as a key part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This review explores Visicon, a new solution with a fresh take on model viewing, data visualization, model interrogation, and design coordination in AEC. It also includes some additional functionality for structural engineers.
Daniel Bévort, CEO of ADEACA, describes how Project Business Automation (PBA) can be used to integrate the fragmented array of business applications used by construction companies, giving them better insight and allowing them to manage their business in real time.
- Bentley Systems Announces Finalists in the Year in Infrastructure 2019 Awards Program. >>
- 3D Repo British Information Modelling Event – 8 October 2019. >>
- The Wild and Igloo Vision partner to bring real-time VR/AR collaboration to immersive shared VR environments. >>
- Vectorworks, Inc. Announces 2020 Version of BIM and Design Software. >>
- ALLPLAN webinar on Sep 19: Bringing BIM to the Rebar Detailing Industry – Changing the status quo. >>
- ARCHICAD-designed academic hub opens in Sydney. >>
- Microsol Resources webinar on Sep 17: Getting the Most Out of the Autodesk Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection. >>
- Artlantis 2019 webinar on Oct 9. >>
- Webinar recording: Tekla software 2019i - Latest development for working with steel. >>
- ARCHVISTA: Six Steps to Making BIM Worth the Investment. >>
- BIM6x: ARCHICAD By The Beach - October 19 - 27, 2019. Registration now open. >>
- Solibri: Root B.V. uses software to share knowledge. >>
- McMillan Pazdan Smith Rapidly Assesses Revit Model Health with Ideate Explorer. >>
- Deltek Completes Its Acquisition of ComputerEase. >>
- Pointcloud -to- IFC checking: Identifying issues in complex models with AutoCorr & BIMcollab Zoom. >>
- ICL at Premier European Conference on Computing in Construction. >>
- Transoft Aviplan: A purpose-built tool for airport airside planners and operators. >>
- Lighting Analysts: Photometric Power Tools Software in IES Progress Report 2019. >>
- Allford Hall Monaghan Morris selects Newforma Project Center as its Project Information Management Solution. >>
- Construction Project Management: STR Vision CPM Demo Video. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>