IES has launched its new Intelligent Communities Lifecycle (ICL)—new cutting-edge digital twin technology that connects distributed energy networks, renewables, master plans, building design, operation and retrofit.
Autodesk has just released the 2020 version of Revit, and Dan Stine, architect, author, and Revit expert, returns to tell us about the many new features in this release, including PDF import support, a new Path of Travel tool, SketchUp support, tweaks to the Materials Dialog UI, new advanced materials, several MEP-related improvements, and more.
This article explores two key aspects of NVIDIA's technology that were on display at its GTC 2019 conference: its new RTX platform for real-time raytracing, and how its GPUs (graphics processing units) are being used for artificial intelligence and deep learning.
SHoP Architects, a young, award-winning architecture firm with an innovative design approach, shares its perspective on AEC technology in this Firm Profile.
This article explores Frameworks, an integration solution specifically developed for construction firms to integrate their project management, ERP, and CRM applications, along with its implementation by one of its users, Adolfson & Peterson Construction.
The use of AI (artificial intelligence) in AEC applications is starting to see some traction. This article provides an overview of the technology underlying AI so we have a better understanding of it and then compiles what we have so far in terms of the use of AI in AEC.
Newtecnic, a multidisciplinary building engineering with multiple locations and projects around the world, shares its perspective on AEC technology in this Firm Profile.
- The ICL from IES is here! The new environmental digital twin for healthy sustainable communities. >>
- IrisVR Takes Home Technological Innovation of the Year Award at 2019 New York City Construction Awards. >>
- Vectorworks Design Scholarship: How to Win $10,000 This Year. >>
- Transoft Solutions Awards Students at University of Florida Transportation Institute. >>
- ZÜBLIN relies on BIM solution from ALLPLAN for a Reinforced Concrete Roof for Deutsche Bahn. >>
- ElumTools Overview: A fully-integrated lighting calculation tool for Autodesk Revit. >>
- Allies and Morrison Selects Deltek to Power Its Project Success. >>
- Microsol Resources webinar on May 7: What's New with Autodesk Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection? >>
- On demand webinar -- Tekla Software 2019 for Steel: What's new? >>
- New BIMcollab ZOOM 2.2 ready for large projects. >>
- Bentley Systems Announces Drummond Community High School Team as Winners in First Future Infrastructure Challenge: DEC Hyperloop. >>
- Ideate Software Seeks Ideas from Revit Software Users. >>
- 3D Repo Adds Smart Groups, Native Revit File Support With Latest Release. >>
- GRAPHISOFT Names Huw Roberts as Incoming Chief Executive Officer. >>
- SCIA has launched the 11th edition of the SCIA User Contest 'The Art of Structural Design'. >>
- Download Artlantis 2019 full-functioning demo version. >>
- Newforma Announces the Newforma World 2019 User Conference and the 2019 Newforma Workshop. >>
- AWW Inspired Environments pioneers the 3D BIM design practices with Solibri. >>
- BIM6x: ARCHICAD By The Beach - October 19 - 27, 2019. Registration now open. >>
- 4M IDEA19 new release: the new BIM Generation. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>