This book was originally reviewed in the Q3 2014 issue of AECbytes Magazine. That review is being republished as it still very applicable and relevant today. We still haven't seemed to have made much progress in applying BIM in the operations and maintenance phase of a building's lifecycle, a topic that AECbytes will explore in more detail going forward. Taking a look back at this seminal book, which still seems to be the only one on the topic, seems like a good way to start.
This article explores Frameworks, an integration solution specifically developed for construction firms to integrate their project management, ERP, and CRM applications, along with its implementation by one of its users, Adolfson & Peterson Construction..
The use of AI (artificial intelligence) in AEC applications is starting to see some traction. This article provides an overview of the technology underlying AI so we have a better understanding of it and then compiles what we have so far in terms of the use of AI in AEC.
This review explores the new release of 4M's IDEA, a BIM application for architectural design which is part of 4M's multi-disciplinary BIM suite, developed on the open-source ODA (Open Design Alliance) DWG platform. The suite also includes applications for building services and energy analysis.
Kevin Nute's Naturally Animated Architecture is a fascinating, cross-disciplinary examination of how contemporary architecture could more naturally integrate its exterior environment with its internal experience.
- Bentley's Year in Infrastructure 2018 Conference
- Allplan 2019
- LEGION and the Technology of Pedestrian Simulation
- BIM Handbook, Third Edition
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link.
- Online ARCHICAD Webinar on March 22 With Jared Banks: Finding the right new hire for your Firm (Business Challenges Series). >>
- BIMcollab Power BI Connector now available. >>
- Microsol Resources webinar on April 4: Optimizing the Rhino Workflow to Revit, AutoCAD, V-Ray & 3D Printing. >>
- Artlantis 2019 LIVE webinar on April 3. >>
- Solibri Model Checker v9.9.5 Highlights. >>
- Vectorworks Inc. Announces Lumion Live-Sync Rendering, Linked Panoramas and My Virtual Rig Advancements. >>
- BIM6x: ARCHICAD By The Beach - October 19 - 27, 2019. Registration now open. >>
- Bentley: CCCC Creates a Digital Twin to Build a New Digital City in China. >>
- Trimble Introduces Tekla 2019 Structural BIM Software Solutions. >>
- Take a Short Survey, Get a Subscription to Ideate Apps!. >>
- What's new in ElumTools 2019.6. >>
- Transoft AutoTURN and AutoTURN Pro New Update. >>
- ALLPLAN to present and sponsor at the buildingSMART International Standards Summit 2019. >>
- SCIA Webinar on April 10: Advanced analysis in SCIA Engineer -- geometrical and physical non-linearity, special element types. >>
- IES Blog: Future Skills--Combining simulation and modelling with business intelligence and data visualisation. >>
- Announcing the Launch of Newforma's UK State of Technology Survey for AEC Firms. >>
- IrisVR Blog: Which Computers are Best for VR? >>
- Deltek and Grant Thornton Form Alliance. >>
- 4M IDEA19 new release: the new BIM Generation. >>
- CIBSE Design Summer Year and Test Reference Year Weather Data Now Available in Trimble's Sefaira Building Analysis Software. >>