This article captures the highlights of GRAPHISOFT’s recent KCC event comprising updates from the company, the global launch of ARCHICAD 21, an overview of several third party solutions working with GRAPHISOFT products, and a glimpse at some examples of the use of these products by customers worldwide.
Beca, one of Asia Pacific's leading professional consultancies faced a challenge in meeting a Revit project deadline. In this article the Beca team relays how they employed cloud-enabled solutions to deliver the project not only on time but while reducing costs.
The article captures the updates in the nascent field of automated code compliance since I last wrote about it in 2015, exploring commercial solutions that range from simply digitizing the code-checking process to full-fledged BIM-enabled automated code-checking, as well as a research initiative that seems particularly promising.
An indepth look at the sustainable design toolkit used by the firm Orcutt Winslow Partnership (OWP) including ArchiCAD, Sefaira, Velux, Athena, and Climate Consultant, as well as additional workflow processes such as interoperability, custom schedules, and the use of templates.
An overview of the new 2018 versions of Autodesk's three main products for buildings and infrastructure design: Revit (including each of its individual disciplines, Architecture, Structure, and MEP), InfraWorks, and AutoCAD Civil 3D. Also, would the AEC industry like to do “more with less” rather than “more with more?”
- GRAPHISOFT's BIM 2017 North America User Conference
- AEC Technology Highlights and Trends: From 2016 to 2017
- FenestraPro Premium: A Generative Tool for Façade Design in Architecture
People Profile: Finith Jernigan
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- SCIA Engineer 17 – A Productivity Booster for Structural Engineers . >>
- Latest BIM enabled version of Keysoft Landscape software. >>
- ALLPLAN Supports Three EU Projects for the Future of Building. >>
- Sefaira blog post: A Workflow for Early-Stage Architect-Engineer Collaboration. >>
- Ideate Celebrates 25-year Partnership with Autodesk. >>
- Register for Microsol Resources live onlne seminar on June 20: What's New with Navisworks 2018? >>
- GRAPHISOFT webinar on June 21: Step Up Your BIM with the New ARCHICAD 21. >>
- Tekla webinar on July 5: Discover Algorithmic Modelling for Tekla Structures Using Rhino/Grasshopper. >>
- BIMcollab webinar on July 12: Master your BIMcollab workflow. >>
- 2017 Vectorworks Design Summit Keynote Speakers Revealed. >>
- Aconex on-demand webinar: Best practices to predictably meet your project budget. >>
- Twinmotion 2018 coming in Q3 - first teaser released. >>
- Introducing Bentley SELECT CONNECT Edition: Azure Services for Bentley Application Users. >>
- 4M IDEA Architecture 14 has been released: Download free trial. >>
- Introducing Licaso: Annual daylight simulation software for AGi32 and Revit/ElumTools. >>
- Newforma Congratulates AIA Georgia Design Winners. >>
- AutoTURN Version 10.1 Release: Live Launch webinar on May 17. >>
- Case Study: Mott MacDonald Bentley Project uses ProjectWise and OpenPlant to manage BIM deliverables. >>
- Solibri Model Checker & Viewer 9.7.15 Release Notes. >>
- Deltek Customers Ranked Among the 'Best-of-the-Best' Consulting Firms. >>