An overview of sustainable design technologies exhibited at Greenbuild 2016, including Trimble's Sefaira Architecture, IES's extensive portfolio of performance analysis tools, Autodesk Insight 360, Vectorworks' Energos, Graphisoft's EcoDesigner, and a new offering, Measurabl.
Exploring the solutions for “city information modeling” from BIM stalwarts such as Autodesk and Bentley to CIM-specific companies such as virtualcitySYSTEMS, Cityzenith, SmarterBetterCities, CyberCity 3D, and Agency9, as well as understanding how CIM is different from the concept of “Smart Cities.”
Continuing the annual AEC technology roundup with a look at what's new in Newforma Project Center, form•Z, Sweets, and others. Also, what is the brand-new application, Flux, which came out of Google X, all about?
An overview of the key developments of the leading technology vendors in the AEC industry including GRAPHISOFT's BIMx, Bentley's ContextCapture, Autodesk LIVE, Trimble's SketchUp 2016, and Allplan 2017.
The implementation of BIM in the design of a new U. S. Navy aircraft carrier pier and the rehabilitation of existing bulkhead—a first for this kind of project—described by John Gaul and Michael Rieger who worked on it.
- City Information Modeling
- Firm Profile: LMN Architects
- AEC Technology Updates
- Hurricanes and their Aftermath: How Can Technology Help? (AECbytes Archived Article)
- Three Tech Trends Shifting the BIM Industry in 2016
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- With Allplan, BIM is part of day-to-day work: At BAU 2017, Allplan will show how BIM really works in practice. >>
- Bentley Systems 2017 Year in Infrastructure Conference to be held in Singapore Oct. 10-12. >>
- Sefaira and Architecture 2030 collaborate to enhance Real-Time Design Analysis. >>
- Vectorworks, Inc. announces Third Annual Vectorworks Design Scholarship. >>
- GRAPHISOFT hosts IFC Technical Conference in Budapest. >>
- New Solibri BCF Connector improves the live connection to BIMcollab. >>
- New BIMcollab 3 focuses on issue approval. >>
- Two New Software Versions: Tekla Structures 2016i and Tekla Structural Designer 2016i. >>
- Twinmotion LIVE! free webinar on November 10. >>
- Updated Revit link for SCIA Engineer. >>
- Deltek launches Game-Changing Resource Planning Solution for Government Contractors. >>
- Case Study: Use of Bentley EADOC for Contra Costa College Center project. >>
- Ideate Software Launches Four Tools for Daily Autodesk Revit Software Users. >>
- Dropbox and Aconex Join Forces to Help Project Teams Collaborate. >>
- 4M launches FINE4Rate, a customised BIM application providing the BIM power to the benchmark software for house energy rating in Australia. >>
- Microsol Resources free online webinar on September 8: Getting the most out of Autodesk Industry Collections. >>
- Newforma Connector Initiative Expands Access to Project Information. >>
- Transoft Solutions webinar on August 11: ROAD CEM for new road and rehabilitation design projects. >>
- Video on new Features in ElumTools 2017, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Revit. >>
- IES announces the release of VE 2016. >>