Autodesk has just released the 2019 version of Revit, and Dan Stine, architect, author, and Revit expert, returns to tell us about the many new features in this release, including several user interface enhancements, support for levels in 3D views, the new material library with high resolution textures and physical based appearance, a number of MEP-related improvements, and many more.
AECbytes is excited to announce the publication of the Q1 2018 issue of its magazine. It includes:
- Firm Profile: BuroHappold Engineering
- BIM and Blockchain
- Solibri Model Checker
- Construction Planning and Execution with BIM
- Tekla Structural Designer
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
In this article, Link Ellis describes the scope and functionality of a new free RFA & RVT Geometry Exchange add-on for ARCHICAD 21 from BIM6x, which enables ARCHICAD users to import Revit Families into their project and also allows geometry exchange between Revit and ARCHICAD.
An indepth look at the interface and functionality of Solibri Model Checker, including its BIM model-checking capabilities, multi-disciplinary coordination, clash detection, model comparison, quantity take-off, and issue management, as well as some examples of how it is being implemented by AEC firms all over the world.
In this article, Rashid Siddiqui, BIM Manager and Data Scientist at AECOM, shares some of the internal developments at AECOM to use data science for machine learning, data mining, statistics, and data visualization for BIM, in order to achieve significant time savings and improved accuracy.
This review takes a detailed look at the capabilities of Tekla Structural Designer, a dedicated analysis and design application, to see how it can complement the use of a structural BIM application such as Tekla Structures or Revit Structure.
- Microsol Resources blog post: Collaboration for Revit is now BIM 360 Design. >>
- Don't freeze in the middle of your projects: Download Tekla 2018. >>
- Clear Path for BIM: ALLPLAN allows Students to enter into Digital Design. >>
- Nikken Sekkei and GRAPHISOFT Extend Strategic Partnership. >>
- Deltek Customers Ranked Among the Best-of-the-Best Consulting Firms. >>
- BIMcollab customer story: How to collaborate with different firms and BIM tools. >>
- Twinmotion is Apple's choice for VR: Free webinar on May 17. >>
- Vectorworks, Inc. Showcases Cloud Power with New Reality Capture and VR Features. >>
- Cityzenith Launches Smart World Pro for Architects and Property Owners. >>
- Bentley Systems Announces Year in Infrastructure 2018 Conference and Awards Gala to be Held in London, Oct. 15 - 18. >>
- MEPcontent Henco Product Line Placer for Revit for piping systems. >>
- 4MCAD: The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD. >>
- The Next Generation of Sefaira Architecture. >>
- Case Study: Use of IESVE at the Four Seasons Hotel, New York. >>
- AutoTURN 10.2 launched by Transoft Solutions. >>
- Ideate Software to Demonstrate its Revit Productivity Applications at BiLT Asia 2018. >>
- Newforma Case Study: Newforma Project Cloud for collaboration and project information management at the Cunigham Group. >>
- Solibri, Bluebeam and ALLPLAN to Sponsor and Present at BIM Show Live. >>
- New Release – UL SPOT app for Revit. >>
- BIM6x Announces Revit Families & Revit Geometry Exchange Add-on for ARCHICAD. >>
- Keysoft Solutions Case Study: How Use of KeySCAPE LandCADD saved AEC Inc. time and ensured accuracy. >>
- Case Study: Advanced Substation Design in a Managed Environment using Bentley technology by Elia. >>