A summary of the key technology updates that Bentley shared at its recent Year in Infrastructure conference, with a deeper dive into the Digital Twins and Digital Cities concepts that Bentley has introduced and is championing.
Earlier this summer, Solibri, the leading model-checking application, dramatically extended its scope and reach by introducing four different versions of its product, bringing its powerful model-checking, quality control, and quality assurance capabilities to different types of users across the AEC spectrum.
A roundup of updates including the new ICL from IES, laser scanning from Paracosm and Pointfuse, the new Join solution for preconstruction, and others including IdeateApps, Mail Manager, Verify3D, ArcGIS, Autodesk, Transoft, and Keysoft.
An overview of the technology applications that were exhibited at AIA 2019 including OpenBuildings Designer, Vectorworks 2019, IESVE 2019, PlanIT Impact, Newforma Project Center, Deltek PIM, Layer, Overtur, Solibri, Unity Reflect, and IrisVR Prospect.
June 20, 2019
April 5, 2019
December 20, 2018
October 25, 2018
September 27, 2018
April 26, 2018
November 30, 2017
November 9, 2017
August 17, 2017
June 15, 2017
April 20, 2017
March 30, 2017
December 22, 2016
November 10, 2016
October 20, 2016
September 1, 2016
August 25, 2016
April 20, 2016
February 4, 2016
December 17, 2015
December 7, 2015
September 24, 2015
May 28, 2015
February 19, 2015
February 12, 2015
Newsletters from the AECbytes Archives
- Autodesk University 2014
- News and updates from Autodesk University 2014, including A360 Collaboration for Revit and the Ember 3D printer, and presentations including the evolution of technology implementation at HOK and the use of AEC technology on Disney's Enchanted Storybook Castle in Shanghai.
- AEC Technology Updates, Fall 2014
- Updates including Vectorworks Architect 2015, Newforma Project Center Eleventh Edition, form•Z 8, Vico Office R5, Dassault Systèmes “Façade Design for Fabrication” tool, and more.
- Bentley's Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference
- Details on Bentley's CONNECT generation of software and a guest keynote on the new High Speed Rail project proposed for London on which the use of BIM is being seen as the “lifeblood” of the project.
- Graphisoft's New White Paper on BIM
- A summary of Graphisoft's white paper “Get There Faster with ArchiCAD,”, and an analysis of it in the context of the current BIM adoption in the AEC industry.
- AIA 2011 Convention: Thomas Friedman's Keynote and Energy-Related Technologies
- The key points of Thomas Friedman's keynote presentation and the main sustainability-related technological developments at AIA 2011.