This article captures the highlights of GRAPHISOFT’s recent KCC event comprising updates from the company, the global launch of ARCHICAD 21, an overview of several third party solutions working with GRAPHISOFT products, and a glimpse at some examples of the use of these products by customers worldwide.
An overview of the new 2018 versions of Autodesk's three main products for buildings and infrastructure design: Revit (including each of its individual disciplines, Architecture, Structure, and MEP), InfraWorks, and AutoCAD Civil 3D. Also, would the AEC industry like to do “more with less” rather than “more with more?”
The highlights of GRAPHISOFT's conference focused on users of ARCHICAD, BIMx, and BIMcloud, including keynote presentations by industry leaders, learning sessions from power users and experts, as well as updates from GRAPHISOFT, including a sneak peek at the upcoming ARCHICAD 21.
The highlights of Autodesk University 2016 and the AEC-specific tools Autodesk is developing, including Project Fractal for generative design, Project IQ for mining construction data to show potential project risks, and Project Quantum for cloud-based multi-disciplinary BIM.
November 10, 2016
October 20, 2016
September 1, 2016
August 25, 2016
April 20, 2016
February 4, 2016
December 17, 2015
December 7, 2015
September 24, 2015
May 28, 2015
February 19, 2015
February 12, 2015
Newsletters from the AECbytes Archives
- Autodesk University 2014
- News and updates from Autodesk University 2014, including A360 Collaboration for Revit and the Ember 3D printer, and presentations including the evolution of technology implementation at HOK and the use of AEC technology on Disney's Enchanted Storybook Castle in Shanghai.
- AEC Technology Updates, Fall 2014
- Updates including Vectorworks Architect 2015, Newforma Project Center Eleventh Edition, form•Z 8, Vico Office R5, Dassault Systèmes “Façade Design for Fabrication” tool, and more.
- Bentley's Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference
- Details on Bentley's CONNECT generation of software and a guest keynote on the new High Speed Rail project proposed for London on which the use of BIM is being seen as the “lifeblood” of the project.
- Graphisoft's New White Paper on BIM
- A summary of Graphisoft's white paper “Get There Faster with ArchiCAD,”, and an analysis of it in the context of the current BIM adoption in the AEC industry.
- AIA 2011 Convention: Thomas Friedman's Keynote and Energy-Related Technologies
- The key points of Thomas Friedman's keynote presentation and the main sustainability-related technological developments at AIA 2011.