At its recent YII 208 conference, Bentley introduced “digital twins” to AEC, launched an open source library, rebranded its solutions, showcased its recent acquisitions such as LEGION and Synchro, and demonstrated its integrations with Microsoft, Siemens, and Atos.
Annual technology round-up looks at the new releases of Vectorworks, IDEA, dRofus, IESVE, SDS/2, and Twinmotion, integrations such as IrisVR with Navisworks and Transoft with Vectorworks, and a host of new solutions in various fields including Overtur from Allegion, BSD Speclink Cloud, BIM & Scan AutoCorr, bim.aero, and CYPE Software.
This article summarizes the key technologies relevant to the AEC industry that were exhibited at NVIDIA's GTC 2018 conference, including AI denoising for noiseless rendering, predictive rendering for improved decision making, collaborative 3D design using virtual reality, and intelligent video analytics for smart cities.
A look at the technology updates most relevant to AEC that Autodesk shared at its recent user conference, including the launch of a new Exchange with third-party integrations to accelerate the adoption of its Forge-enabled BIM 360 ecosystem, a new Dropbox app for AutoCAD, and planned integration with Esri's GIS technology.
November 9, 2017
August 17, 2017
June 15, 2017
April 20, 2017
March 30, 2017
December 22, 2016
November 10, 2016
October 20, 2016
September 1, 2016
August 25, 2016
April 20, 2016
February 4, 2016
December 17, 2015
December 7, 2015
September 24, 2015
May 28, 2015
February 19, 2015
February 12, 2015
Newsletters from the AECbytes Archives
- Autodesk University 2014
- News and updates from Autodesk University 2014, including A360 Collaboration for Revit and the Ember 3D printer, and presentations including the evolution of technology implementation at HOK and the use of AEC technology on Disney's Enchanted Storybook Castle in Shanghai.
- AEC Technology Updates, Fall 2014
- Updates including Vectorworks Architect 2015, Newforma Project Center Eleventh Edition, form•Z 8, Vico Office R5, Dassault Systèmes “Façade Design for Fabrication” tool, and more.
- Bentley's Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference
- Details on Bentley's CONNECT generation of software and a guest keynote on the new High Speed Rail project proposed for London on which the use of BIM is being seen as the “lifeblood” of the project.
- Graphisoft's New White Paper on BIM
- A summary of Graphisoft's white paper “Get There Faster with ArchiCAD,”, and an analysis of it in the context of the current BIM adoption in the AEC industry.
- AIA 2011 Convention: Thomas Friedman's Keynote and Energy-Related Technologies
- The key points of Thomas Friedman's keynote presentation and the main sustainability-related technological developments at AIA 2011.