Exploring the interface and functionality of Solibri Model Checker, including its BIM model-checking capabilities, multi-disciplinary coordination, clash detection, model comparison, quantity take-off, and issue management.
A detailed look at the capabilities of Tekla Structural Designer, a dedicated analysis and design application, to see how it can complement the use of a structural BIM application such as Tekla Structures or Revit Structure.
This review looks at the updates in the recent 2018 release of the leading BIM application, Allplan, including its brand new user interface, modeling and visualization enhancements, and integration with the open cloud-based collaboration platform, Bimplus.
An indepth look at AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT edition, including the brand new user interface, display rules, built-in computational and reality modeling, and greater connectivity with other Bentley applications.
Reviews from the AECbytes Archives
- SketchUp Pro 2014
- This review explores the key new features in SketchUp Pro 2014, the paid professional version of SketchUp, and, in particular, the increasing AEC-specific and BIM-related capabilities that are being added to it under the Trimble umbrella.
- BIMx Docs
- A comprehensive look at GRAPHISOFT's new BIMx Docs app, which includes the sophisticated and intuitive 3D model navigation capabilities of its predecessor, BIMx, and extends the scope of the viewing and navigation to 2D content as well, enabling all the models as well as the accompanying 2D drawings of a BIM project to be accessed and explored from a handheld device.
- ArchiCAD 18
- A detailed look at the new version of ArchiCAD, which features dramatically improved built-in visualization with a brand new rendering engine, CineRender from Maxon, and additional improvements for modeling, documentation, collaboration, and interoperability.
- Newforma Model Viewer
- A detailed look at Newforma's new Model Viewer for viewing and navigating model files published from Revit in Newforma Project Center.
- Revit 2014
- An indepth review of the new version of Revit, the key product in the 2014 Autodesk Building Design Suite, to see what additional BIM capabilities it can provide to AEC professionals across all the three design disciplines it targets: architecture, structure, and MEP.