This review explores TonicDM, a new cloud-based solution focused on making PIM smarter, more efficient, and easier to use with capabilities for email management, file transfers, and contract administration, including submittals and RFIs.
This book was published in 2013, yet it remains the only book on the topic of BIM in facilities management, an area that the AEC industry has still not made much progress in. It is edited by Paul Teicholz under the aegis of the International Facility Management Association (IFMA).
This review explores the new release of 4M's IDEA, a BIM application for architectural design which is part of 4M's multi-disciplinary BIM suite, developed on the open-source ODA (Open Design Alliance) DWG platform.The suite also includes applications for building services and energy analysis.
Kevin Nute's Naturally Animated Architecture is a fascinating, cross-disciplinary examination of how contemporary architecture could more naturally integrate its exterior environment with its internal experience.
Reviews from the AECbytes Archives
- SketchUp Pro 2014
- This review explores the key new features in SketchUp Pro 2014, the paid professional version of SketchUp, and, in particular, the increasing AEC-specific and BIM-related capabilities that are being added to it under the Trimble umbrella.
- BIMx Docs
- A comprehensive look at GRAPHISOFT's new BIMx Docs app, which includes the sophisticated and intuitive 3D model navigation capabilities of its predecessor, BIMx, and extends the scope of the viewing and navigation to 2D content as well, enabling all the models as well as the accompanying 2D drawings of a BIM project to be accessed and explored from a handheld device.
- ArchiCAD 18
- A detailed look at the new version of ArchiCAD, which features dramatically improved built-in visualization with a brand new rendering engine, CineRender from Maxon, and additional improvements for modeling, documentation, collaboration, and interoperability.
- Newforma Model Viewer
- A detailed look at Newforma's new Model Viewer for viewing and navigating model files published from Revit in Newforma Project Center.
- Revit 2014
- An indepth review of the new version of Revit, the key product in the 2014 Autodesk Building Design Suite, to see what additional BIM capabilities it can provide to AEC professionals across all the three design disciplines it targets: architecture, structure, and MEP.