This review explores how the new edition of the BIM Handbook, the definitive guide to BIM for both practitioners and students, captures all of the many developments in the world of BIM that have emerged since the publication of the first edition ten years ago.
This review explores the dramatically improved façade design capabilities, more flexible modeling of individual building elements, better information management, and additional productivity, workflow, and performance improvements in ARCHICAD 22.
Exploring how this application has the potential to become a "smart" AEC technology tool, creating libraries of rooms for different project types that are pre-validated for code-compliance, making it easier and faster to design projects with highly regulated design requirements.
Exploring the interface and functionality of Solibri Model Checker, including its BIM model-checking capabilities, multi-disciplinary coordination, clash detection, model comparison, quantity take-off, and issue management.
Reviews from the AECbytes Archives
- SketchUp Pro 2014
- This review explores the key new features in SketchUp Pro 2014, the paid professional version of SketchUp, and, in particular, the increasing AEC-specific and BIM-related capabilities that are being added to it under the Trimble umbrella.
- BIMx Docs
- A comprehensive look at GRAPHISOFT's new BIMx Docs app, which includes the sophisticated and intuitive 3D model navigation capabilities of its predecessor, BIMx, and extends the scope of the viewing and navigation to 2D content as well, enabling all the models as well as the accompanying 2D drawings of a BIM project to be accessed and explored from a handheld device.
- ArchiCAD 18
- A detailed look at the new version of ArchiCAD, which features dramatically improved built-in visualization with a brand new rendering engine, CineRender from Maxon, and additional improvements for modeling, documentation, collaboration, and interoperability.
- Newforma Model Viewer
- A detailed look at Newforma's new Model Viewer for viewing and navigating model files published from Revit in Newforma Project Center.
- Revit 2014
- An indepth review of the new version of Revit, the key product in the 2014 Autodesk Building Design Suite, to see what additional BIM capabilities it can provide to AEC professionals across all the three design disciplines it targets: architecture, structure, and MEP.