This review explores Infurnia, a new application for residential architecture and interior design that developed from the ground up as a cloud-based application, with no desktop version or anything that needs to be installed for it to work.
This book, authored by Ozan Koseoglu and Yusuf Arayici, is an extended case study of the implementation of BIM on the new Istanbul Airport project, which is now in operation and is currently the world's largest airport terminal building under a single roof.
Layer is a new AEC application that was launched close to six months ago to address what seems to be an obvious need in the industry—organizing and integrating the vast amount of disparate data that is typically collected on site during the retrofit or construction of a building project.
This review explores the new features for improved modeling, coordination, productivity, and performance in ARCHICAD 23, including revamped Beam and Column tools, a new Opening tool for modeling mechanical voids, and an initiative to open up the application to more custom development by significantly expanding its APIs.
Reviews from the AECbytes Archives
- SketchUp Pro 2014
- This review explores the key new features in SketchUp Pro 2014, the paid professional version of SketchUp, and, in particular, the increasing AEC-specific and BIM-related capabilities that are being added to it under the Trimble umbrella.
- BIMx Docs
- A comprehensive look at GRAPHISOFT's new BIMx Docs app, which includes the sophisticated and intuitive 3D model navigation capabilities of its predecessor, BIMx, and extends the scope of the viewing and navigation to 2D content as well, enabling all the models as well as the accompanying 2D drawings of a BIM project to be accessed and explored from a handheld device.
- ArchiCAD 18
- A detailed look at the new version of ArchiCAD, which features dramatically improved built-in visualization with a brand new rendering engine, CineRender from Maxon, and additional improvements for modeling, documentation, collaboration, and interoperability.
- Newforma Model Viewer
- A detailed look at Newforma's new Model Viewer for viewing and navigating model files published from Revit in Newforma Project Center.
- Revit 2014
- An indepth review of the new version of Revit, the key product in the 2014 Autodesk Building Design Suite, to see what additional BIM capabilities it can provide to AEC professionals across all the three design disciplines it targets: architecture, structure, and MEP.