An indepth look at AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT edition, including the brand new user interface, display rules, built-in computational and reality modeling, and greater connectivity with other Bentley applications.
This review explores the new rule-based Stair and Railing tools in the recently released ARCHICAD 21 in detail, along with the many additional improvements it has made in interoperability, Grasshopper integration, and productivity enhancements.
This review takes an in-depth look at Cityzenith's Smart World platform for city information modeling, how it aggregates all the available data for a city, normalizes it, and make it accessible through a web browser.
This review explores FenestraPro Premium, an add-in to Revit for façade design whose scope extends to three main energy-related analysis categories—thermal, solar and daylighting.
Reviews from the AECbytes Archives
- SketchUp Pro 2014
- This review explores the key new features in SketchUp Pro 2014, the paid professional version of SketchUp, and, in particular, the increasing AEC-specific and BIM-related capabilities that are being added to it under the Trimble umbrella.
- BIMx Docs
- A comprehensive look at GRAPHISOFT's new BIMx Docs app, which includes the sophisticated and intuitive 3D model navigation capabilities of its predecessor, BIMx, and extends the scope of the viewing and navigation to 2D content as well, enabling all the models as well as the accompanying 2D drawings of a BIM project to be accessed and explored from a handheld device.
- ArchiCAD 18
- A detailed look at the new version of ArchiCAD, which features dramatically improved built-in visualization with a brand new rendering engine, CineRender from Maxon, and additional improvements for modeling, documentation, collaboration, and interoperability.
- Newforma Model Viewer
- A detailed look at Newforma's new Model Viewer for viewing and navigating model files published from Revit in Newforma Project Center.
- Revit 2014
- An indepth review of the new version of Revit, the key product in the 2014 Autodesk Building Design Suite, to see what additional BIM capabilities it can provide to AEC professionals across all the three design disciplines it targets: architecture, structure, and MEP.