Andy Knauf, Vice President of IT at Mead & Hunt, describes how his firm searched for and subsequently found and implemented an effective solution that would enable its multi-state workforce to share and access files and project information quickly and easily.
An overview of the recent Vectorworks Design Summit, an annual event for Vectorworks to showcase its products, upcoming features, and overall vision to existing and prospective users of its products.
The highlights of Autodesk's 2017 AEC product family, including Revit, InfraWorks 360, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Navisworks, and Advance Steel.
A succinct overview of the new features in Revit 2017 that has just been announced by Autodesk, including platform consolidation, an updated text editor, global parameters, depth cueing, and several others.
On March 31, 2016, the AEC industry lost one of the world's leading architects, Zaha Hadid. In memoriam, AECbytes is publishing this except from its 2010 BIM Evaluation Study Report exploring the implementation of BIM applications at Zaha Hadid Architects,
- BIM in Low Cost Housing
- 2015 Year in Review for AEC Technology
- 3D Scanning for Better BIM
- Book Review: Data Driven Design and Construction
- People Profile: Mani Subramanian, Sixth Dimension
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
- SCIA Engineer 16 delivers a solid foundation for Structural Design. >>
- Artlantis case study: Acorn Creek. Learn how DMP Media of South Africa used SketchUp and Artlantis 6 to create stunning visualizations of a residential project. >>
- Bentley EADOC Video Case Study: MNS Engineers Cabrillo Bridge Replacement. >>
- SHBC optimizes delivery of Kuwait Hospital Expansion with Aconex. >>
- Transoft Solutions introduces new engineering CAD software for Road and Site design and planning. >>
- Bentley Institute Press' new e-book "Practical Structural Modelling With AECOsim Building Designer" now available. >>
- Vectorworks, Inc. announces SimTread 2.4 update to Pedestrian Simulation Software. >>
- Ideate Software announces new version of Ideate Sticky for the Revit project environment. >>
- ARCHICAD 20 – A fresh look at BIM. >>
- Microsol Resources free online webinar on May 10: What's New with AutoCAD 2017?. >>
- PERI publishes Intelligent 3D Formwork Components in Trimble's Tekla Warehouse. >>
- Webinar: Get Creative with the Cadimage Tools. >>
- New BIMcollab BCF Managers for Revit 2017 & Navisworks 2017. >>
- IES Software approved for Ontario's integrated design incentive program. >>
- Deltek hosting multi-city tour to showcase technology and trends for the Architecture and Engineering (A&E) Industry to help A&E firms grow their businesses. >>
- Latest release of ElumTools, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Autodesk Revit. >>
- Pinnacle Infotech uses Newforma Software for world's tallest building. >>
- Trimble acquires Sefaira Ltd. -- Leading provider of software for High-Performance Building Design. >>
- The new 64bit 4M CAD16: A premium CAD product at a non-premium price. >>
- Solibri acquired by Nemetschek: Allowing exponential growth in Quality Assurance and Quality Control. >>