AECbytes is excited to announce the publication of the Q4 2016 issue of its magazine. It includes:
- Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference
- IPD and the Cloud
- People Profile: Laura Kay Smith, ZGF Architects
- Greenbuild 2016
- Firm Profile: Gomez Vazquez International Architects
... and more!
The digital version is FREE. To read the magazine online or to download a PDF or iPad version of the latest issue, use this link. For a printed copy or discounted annual subscription, or to access earlier issues, click here.
The highlights of Autodesk University 2016 and the AEC-specific tools Autodesk is developing, including Project Fractal for generative design, Project IQ for mining construction data to show potential project risks, and Project Quantum for cloud-based multi-disciplinary BIM, which could become Autodesk's "post-Revit" technology.
Stefano Della Torre, a specialist in the field of restoration from Italty, shares his insights on the application of traditional BIM tools, which are primarily geared for new construction, to the historic preservation of our built cultural heritage.
Chris France, whose previous articles in AECbytes were all about high performance workstations in the cloud being adopted by firms so they could collaborate between all their offices effortlessly, now highlights what has changed with BIM cloud technologies and how they are being used for IPD.
The main updates from Bentley at its 2016 Year in Infrastructure conference, including AssetWise CONNECT edition, OpenRoads Designer, and advances in reality modeling, its partnership with Microsoft, and infrastructure projects from China, Finland, Denmark, and the US that were implemented with Bentley solutions.
An overview of sustainable design technologies exhibited at Greenbuild 2016, including Trimble's Sefaira Architecture, IES's extensive portfolio of performance analysis tools, Autodesk Insight 360, Vectorworks' Energos, Graphisoft's EcoDesigner, and a new offering, Measurabl.
- Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection Now Also Available for Mac OS Users. >>
- At BAU 2017, Allplan presents virtual reality for the building industry. >>
- SCIA Engineer, the Structural and Civil Engineering BIM Platform Wins Digital Building Transition Award in France. >>
- Nemetschek acquires Norwegian software provider dRofus. >>
- Hong Kong International Airport Picks Aconex for Three Runway System. >>
- KUBUS Appointed as Sole Solibri Distributor in Benelux. >>
- Panel Summary (hosted by Sefaira at Greenbuild): The State of Sustainability in the AEC Industry. >>
- Abvent wins 3 out of 10 categories in Government of France BIM Awards. >>
- Deltek to be Acquired by Roper Technologies. >>
- Arup, Argos Analytics, and IES Announce Partnership to make WeatherShift™ Future Weather Data Available for Online Purchase. >>
- Transoft Solutions Opens New Office In India. >>
- Tekla Structures webinar: Achieve the highest quality with construction-oriented engineering. >>
- Solibri Model Checker Release Notes v9.7.8. >>
- Case Study: Use of Bentley EADOC for Cabrillo Boulevard Bridge Replacement Project. >>
- Video on new Features in ElumTools 2017, a lighting calculation and visualization add-in for Revit. >>
- Newforma Project Center Wins 'Document and Content Management Software of the Year' Award at Construction Computing Awards for Two Years' Running. >>
- Siemens and Bentley Systems Advance Strategic Alliance Including Joint Investment Initiatives. >>
- Ideate Inc. Launches Bluebeam Revu Class. >>
- Microsol Resources free online webinar on December 1: The importance of 3D printing. >>
- 4M launches FINE4Rate, a customised BIM application providing the BIM power to the benchmark software for house energy rating in Australia. >>